Friday, June 29, 2012

How Lucky

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. -- Winne the Pooh 

Done with classes. Done with finals. Done with volunteering in Villa El Salvador. Done with group outings. Done with the lavanderia and the fotocopiadora (no tears there!) Done with Lima. 

Wow.

I am so sad to go, and so happy to return home. Such conflicting emotions, but overall I am just so GRATEFUL that I have had this wonderful, amazing, big, fat experience. So grateful that I've gotten to know some of the most amazing people ever and some of the most beautiful places in the world. So grateful to be reminded what adventuring feels like and why I'm here. So grateful that I have a loving family to return to and a loving family to leave behind. 

And, of course, so grateful I have a chance to see these wonderful girls before I go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment